Community

KAMBER PERFORMS ON BIG STAGE

Saturday night, Home Town Honey Kamber Cain brought her high energy performance to her hometown El Dorado Springs Picnic for a half hour of her non-stop songfest. At the end, she posed with the unpredictiable emcee of the Picnic, Ron Alumbaugh.

[ Read More ]

Gardening to distraction

Bees in Feeders Between calls and emails, you would have thought bees were taking over the world, or at least mid-Missouri. I don’t blame the callers for being concerned, more and more honeybees are becoming prominent backyard visitors. At this point in the season, honeybee colonies are at their highest population levels. Bees will fly

[ Read More ]

TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly)

TOPS CHAPTER 319 El Dorado Springs met in the Church of Christ Sanctuary on Thursday, July 21. Our leader, Robbie opened the meeting. Kay led us in singing “A TOPS Club Clover.” Robbie led us in roll call.  Twenty-six weighed in today and the chapter had a 3.8 net loss. Sheryl Ann was the week’s

[ Read More ]

New books at Cedar County Library

Dishonorable Intentions by Stuart Woods – A New York City cop-turned rainmaker for a top Manhattan law firm Stone Barrington and his associates confront a new threat that tests the limits of their collective skills. End of Watch by Stephen King – The conclusion to the trilogy that includes Mr. Mercedes and Finders Keepers, finds

[ Read More ]

PHARMACY INTERNS AT EVANS

Two pharmacy interns have just started their month-long rotation at Evans Drugs. They are: Amanda DeBrabander (left) is a KU pharmacy student at the Lawrence campus from Olathe, KS.  She is interested in working in independent pharmacy because of the access to talk more with patients and the ability to get to know them better.

[ Read More ]

CCMH hires pediatrician

Cedar County Memorial CEO Jana Witt announced at the regular monthly board meeting on Monday, July 18, that Dr. Barbara Chilton is scheduled to assume duties at the Medical Mall on Monday, Aug. 29. Dr. Chilton, a board certified pediatrician, is a retired Navy Commander and has practiced medicine for 28 years, primarily in the

[ Read More ]

Cards of Thanks

I want to thank everyone for their kindness shown to me during the loss of my husband, Charles D. Tigner. I want to thank Bland-Hackleman Funeral Home, the doctors, Cedar County Memorial Hospital and Hospice, A special thank you family and friends. Mrs. Christy  L. Tigner Thank you from the staff and volunteers of the

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

It’s Picnic Time Again    You can feel the excitement in the air as everyone makes preparations for this next week. Band members got some new music last weekend to try out for the Picnic, and we hope you like it as much as we did. If you have ever seen the movie “The Great

[ Read More ]

Cottey names Judge Bickel as newest trustee

Cottey College is pleased to announce the appointment of the Honorable James R. Bickel as the newest member of the Cottey College Board of Trustees. His seven-year term began on July 1. Judge Bickel has been the Presiding Judge of the 28th Judicial Circuit of Missouri since 2001. He will retire from the bench at

[ Read More ]

Two Lucas Oil Speedway competitors disqualified for infractions on June 30

Lucas Oil Speedway and USRA Officials have disqualified two competitors following failed post-race inspections at the USRA Modified sanctioned event at Lucas Oil Speedway on June 30. Tire samples collected from the No. 8F driven by Johnny Fennewald and the No. 99T driven by Eric Turner and tested by an independent laboratory did not meet

[ Read More ]