Community

O’Reilly Auto Parts opens new store

The new store offers 7,500 square feet of showroom and warehouse space, that’s about 1,000 extra square feet compared to the former location. The new location also allows for an updated sales floor layout and considerably more parking with better ingress and egress. It also allows the local store to carry a wider variety of

[ Read More ]

A FIRST FOR VFW AUX

Spicer-Grimsley Auxiliary #257 welcomed long-time member Fern Barclay, 96, on Monday, Dec 7, at the post home to award her year a 70-year pin as an auxiliary member. Mrs. Barclay joined the auxiliary under the service record of her husband, John S. Barclay, an El Dorado Springs graduate, who was stationed in Alaska from 1941-45.

[ Read More ]

CEDAR COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL RECEIVES DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD FOR 2020

The Missouri Hospital Association recently recognized Cedar County Memorial Hospital with the MHA Distinguished Service Award for 2020. The award, which is MHA’s highest honor, recognizes the hospital and hospital staff for their superior level of patient care during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Missouri Governor Mike Parson presented the award to all Missouri hospitals in

[ Read More ]

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

The house at 601 E. Gentry is no more, having fallen to the City’s effort to demolish delict buildings. The house was reduced to rubble earlier this month.

[ Read More ]

2020 Holiday Home Decorating Contest winners

Amazing number of homes decorated this year It’s easy to see the holiday season is upon us! The Wonder City of west central Missouri is lit in all its festive glory and home owners are adding to the splendor with their own Christmas lights, décor, music, video and other elements. Chamber CEO Jackson Tough said

[ Read More ]

Cards of thanks

A big thank you to the staff at Mercy Medical Mall, the emergency staff and the hospital staff at Cedar County Memorial Hospital and to Dr. Rick Casey who came in on his day off on Thanksgiving Day to check on me with my bout with Covid pneumonia. I feel I had as good of

[ Read More ]

The Tragedy of Suicide

The holidays bring a sense of well being and happiness for most people with the joy of family gatherings. But for others it can bring a sense of extreme loss, emptiness and hopelessness. There are those who will end their lives during the holiday season. The Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255. I would encourage if

[ Read More ]

HAPPY 85 BIRTHDAY

To our wonderful Mom, Grammer and Mother-in-law. We Love You! Chris, Kyla, Brett, Nicole, Nevaeh, Brady, Tiffany, Kirston, Kaleb & Kameron Birthday wishes can be sent to Joy Carson at 1201 S First St. or drive by on Thursday December 17, and give a honk to wish her a Happy Birthday.

[ Read More ]