Community

TOPS says you must burn more calories than you eat

Tops Chapter 9319 El Dorado Spring (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) met in the United Methodist Church, 201 E Broadway on Thursday, Sept. 10, for their weekly weigh in and meeting. Carol led us in singing “To TOPS We Will Go.” Susan was sick today so Co-Leader Linda Hall led us in roll call. Sixteen members

[ Read More ]

ROBERT CONNER CELEBRATES 91 YEARS

My family celebrated my father, Robert Conner’s 91st birthday yesterday, Sept. 5. He is still in good health but has difficulty getting around. He has a motorized wheelchair to assist in this regard. We took him to Smith’s Restaurant in Bolivar to celebrate and he ordered a steak dinner with a baked potato and a

[ Read More ]

BUDDY KING IMPROVING

James and John got to see their dad today (Wednesday). It so important to see family even if just for a minute. We continue at Rehabilitation Hospital. Seeing improvements. The increased hearing loss after surgery is frustrating but still the doctors think that might improve given time. Thank you all again for your prayers and

[ Read More ]

50th Anniversary for Jamisons

Mike and Linda Jamison will celebrate their 50th Anniversary at the end of this month. Mike and Linda were married Sept. 25,1970, in a little church out in Osceola. called Cooks Chapel. They currently have been long time members of the Blue Ridge Church of God, (Holiness) – El Dorado Springs. Mike is now retired

[ Read More ]

MEET OUR CEDAR COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL SECRETARY TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES

Recently we have introduced our Board of Trustees so that our county and communities may become familiar with each of them and know more about their responsibilities concerning hospital policy and their vision for the hospital moving forward. But, THIS person needs no introduction when it comes to the hospital — Terri Heitz, our Social

[ Read More ]

Fire report for week of Aug. 30

On Sept. 4, at 10:43 p.m., the Fire Deparrment was dispatched to a mutual aid call for Tabervill VFD for a call in Tiffin for a reported dozer fire. Truck 2, tankers 1 and 2 and eight firefighters responded. Later that night at 3:36 a.m., the Fire Department was sent to a vehicle fire at

[ Read More ]

Note from Sheriff

On Aug. 29, Shrriff McCrary wrote: Day 4 of quarantine with Covid 19: Thanks everyone for the well wishes, calls and texts. Past 3 days was kinda rough. Better today. I’ve actually had colds that were worse than this. Worse part about it for me is not being able to be around my family and

[ Read More ]

MASONS HONOR GALEN GAZAWAY

Community Springs would like to congratulate Galen Gazaway on his completion of a milestone in his Masonic journey. He was awarded his 50-year lapel pin and certificate by a few of his fraternity brothers. As a special honor, his wife, Becky, who works in Nutritional Services at Community Springs was able present him his pin

[ Read More ]

Stork Report

Morgan and Trey Hackleman, El Dorado Springs, are proud to announce the birth of a daughter, Emma Jane Hackleman. She weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 22 inches long.

[ Read More ]

MEET CEDAR COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEMBER

Brent Bland is well known in the communities of El Dorado Springs and Stockton – having lived in Cedar county all his life. He entered the family business of selling cars right out of high school and retired from that business venture in 2014. His educational background is in Ministerial Studies – and as most

[ Read More ]