Community

Stork Report

Michaela Wiggans and Jacob Gazaway, Nevada, are proud to announce the birth of a son, Knox Montgomery Gazaway. He weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 20 inches long.

[ Read More ]

Fire report for week of July 17

On Sunday, July 17, at 4:40 p.m. the fire department was dispatched to the north side of town to assist in a search for a missing person. Two trucks and 18 firefighters responded. On Monday, July 18, at 7:59 p.m. the department was dispatched to a hey baler fire on Mission Rd. in Vernon County.

[ Read More ]

“The Band Plays On”

Municipal Band Played for Picnic Thank you for having us perform for you in the Picnic again this year. We always enjoy playing for you! Boy, this was a hot one, wasn’t it? There is nowhere to go to get away from the heat! We have some new songs this year and we have been

[ Read More ]

Thanks

“I would like to thank all all of my Valued Customers for the past 35 years in the motorcycle and ATV repair business. I am scaling back to pursue my cattle farming. If you are in need of mechanical services in the future, I will be available at 417-876-7229” – Derek Zinchuck

[ Read More ]

Public welcome to a southern gospel concert at Herriman Chapel

Rev. Richard Beckham, chairman of the Herriman Chapel Camp, invites the public to join us this Sunday evening at 6 p.m. July 31, as the Wanda Mountain Southern Gospel Quartet from St. Louis helps us celebrate the 94th Camp. Southern gospel music has always been known for it’s smooth harmonies, strong vocals and powerful, straightforward

[ Read More ]

Thank You

To the staff of Cedar County Memorial Hospital and Compassus Hospice After spending over seven weeks in your facility, you have been wonderful in every way. Dr. Wyant, therapists, nurses and aides, your kindness and efficiency have given our MeMe the best of care. The Compassus Hospice nurses are “angels among us!” Having a great

[ Read More ]

PICNIC GAMES

Sidewalk art 5 & UNDER – 1st – Chilton McCallister; 2nd – Tatum Lackey; 3rd – Carter Watkins. 6-8 – 1st – Aubrey McCallister; 2nd – Tinley Eck; 3rd – Alysse Greathouse. 9-11 – 1st – Sadie Watkins; 2nd – Ellie Wood; 3rd – Trystan Ray. 12 & UP – 1st – Evan Edmond; 2nd

[ Read More ]

TOPS: Be proud of your accomplishments, even small ones

TOPS Chapter 9319 El Dorado Springs met in The Hill Church, (formerly Bethel Free Will Church) 1300 S. Summer St, El Dorado Springs Thursday, July 21, for their weekly weigh-in and meeting. Linda Hall, Leader, called the meeting to order. We sang “I want to be at that meeting” We said our TOPS and KOPS

[ Read More ]

Tri County Quilt Club report

by Marge Zink Tri county Quilt Club met July 11, for regular meeting to celebrate club’s UFO (that’s quilt talk) for unfinished project. Tri-County celebrated in July with a carry-in lunch at 12:30. Evonne Andersen asked the blessing. Fourteen people enjoyed the bountiful lunch. Club president Mary Mc d called the meeting to order. Secretary

[ Read More ]

Picnic connections: Newest Mercy provider comes home

When you see Amber Johnson and her husband, Scotty, at the picnic this weekend, be sure to tell her congratulations on her new job. She’s coming home to serve as a physician assistant at Mercy Clinic Family Medicine – El Dorado Springs. “This is such great timing for us,” Johnson shared. “It seems like a

[ Read More ]